This is such a tasty and easy dinner. It’s especially tasty when you allow the chicken to marinate over night.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of honey (raw, organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (not pictured)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Diced scallion (see tip below)
- Sesame seeds, toasted
Mix all of the above from except for the chicken, scallion and sesame seeds in a crock pot. Mix well to combine. Place the chicken in the crockpot and toss to coat. You can set this to cook right away or place the bowl of the crockpot in the refrigerator, covered, overnight if possible. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1½ – 2 hours.
Serve hot over a bed of Jasmine rice, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and scallion.
I warned you, super easy!! Enjoy!
Tip: After buying and using scallion don’t through the rooted ends away. Place the root end in a small bowl or glass, add water and set them in direct sunlight. The scallions will begin to grow again in just a matter of days. Cut them back and use them every two weeks or so and place them right back in the bowl of water. Periodically rinse and wipe the ends and roots a bit to reduce the sliminess that forms. Refresh the water as needed. I love using fresh herbs This helps to ensure they are always on hand.