I found this idea on line years ago. My goal was to copy the idea I saw but mine really didn’t look anything like it and to be honest I kind of liked the way this came out even better. I say this because it was completely by chance that I found these adorable Lindt chocolate carrots for my little bunny to hold. This is just cupcakes laid out on a large cutting board that seconds as my cake platter when I wrap it in silver cake platter. For this one I also covered it in Spring colored tissue paper.
What you will need:
- Oreo’s for the eyes
- 24 Cupcakes
- Frosting – white plus additional colors of your choice
- Candy for Ms. Bunny to hold
- Bake 24 cupcakes from your favorite cupcake recipe of box to make life that much easier.
- Lay the cupcakes out in a configuration that you like. I would probably try to do something with the feet if I make this again but I was not feeling brave this day.
- Fill a frosting bag with white frosting using a tip of your choice
- Pipe the frosting over the cupcakes and decorate as you like. I chose to smooth the frosting across but there are no rules here – just have fun.
- For the eyes I used Oreo’s that I piped white frosting on top of
- I had fun with the eyebrows for create some height and texture before doing the lashes
- Lay the carrots down and pipe over them to create hands
- Just watch the kids eyes light up when they see how cute he or she come out!